Error Message E:62:10----A Solution?

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Stephen McDonald
Stephen McDonald Forum Pro • Posts: 13,573
Error Message E:62:10----A Solution?

After 4 years of steady use of my Sony HX400V, today I got the dreaded E:62:10 error message on the screen. Going through the recommended initializing didn't help. I tried a different card and no change.

So, I searched online and found this Camera Hacker website. The instruction there for this model and this error message (which is related to the lens function), was to put the lens on full zoom, then remove the battery, while the camera is still turned-on. Then tap the camera several times and put the battery back in and turn it on.

So I did this and it worked. No more error message, except that the hot battery removal has to be done, each time the power is turned-on, as one person who replied to the website also stated. Not good to have to do this each time, so I may fire up my older HX200V, which I used only one year.

Oddly, the camera seemed to work normally, even when the error message was flashing. I might add that today was just one week after my four-year extended warranty expired. Here's the link to the website and discussion about this error.

https://www.camerahacker.com/Forums/DisplayComments.php?file=Digital%20Camera/Sony/E.62.10_on_DSC-HX400V

-- hide signature --
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow