A77 rear lcd in A77ii?

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
jpena Regular Member • Posts: 376
A77 rear lcd in A77ii?

Hello,

I have both A77 and A77ii; the former developed a 'camera error' some time ago, decided not to fix it.

My a77ii was working all right till a few days ago when rear lcd stopping displaying anything. I can see it is on, it just shows blank screen. Tried changing battery, resetting... I was not expecting any good results but I had to try. And no, still on but blank.

Rear lcd displays in A77/A77ii are different but I was wondering if I can put the A77 lcd in the A77ii body.  I am not even sure I would be able to technically swap the lcd or if that would fix the problem, to be honest.

I cannot say the lcd itself is the problem, obviously. I guess it can also be the bent wire that goes into the camera body, maybe some other connection?

I believe I can purchase proper a77ii lcds off ebay but then again, maybe it is not  the panel itself.

Any thoughts? recommendations? personal experience?

Thanks in advance,

jpena's gear list:jpena's gear list
Sony a77 II
Sony SLT-A77
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow