I confess...I was wrong

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
whvick Veteran Member • Posts: 5,618
I confess...I was wrong

I am a grumpy old grandpa who enjoyed smugly saying that I could do just as well with my old cameras and lenses. And I did take good pictures

When my beloved 5D died last November I was torn about getting another for $400 or putting over a $1000 in a 6D. Since Canon no longer repairs the 5D and a refurb 6d comes with a one year warranty it was a no brainer

The 6D is so much better at higher ISO. And the damping is so good there is almost no shutter/mirror slap.

I have only had the 6D a few days but I am convinced I will love it. I got good pictures with the 5D but had to have my speedlite always handy. I am already getting good candid portraits with almost every type of available light.

So even tho I will continue to penny pinch with older cameras and lenses, I will confess  that the newer cameras are nicer and better     and I now am officially taking the “my old cameras are just as good” smirk off my face

whvick's gear list:whvick's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 30D Canon EOS 50D Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM Canon EF 24-85mm f/3.5-4.5 USM +9 more
Canon EOS 5DS Canon EOS 6D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
irm
irm
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow