Bright background

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Daly_N New Member • Posts: 3
Bright background

Hello every.I just "landed" here after searching and searching and searching and searching.... for an easy explanation or a helpful hand for my problem.I just started this amazing "hobby/art" called photography.I bought an Sony A6000 whit the 16-50mm kit lens.I immediately started taking photos,after a few hundreds shots i got into a tiny problem whit bokeh not enough for my taste.So i bought a new lens the 35mm f/1.8 and it kind solved my problem whit that,still need to try a bit on that.But then today i went whit my wife and my 2yrd son to a small spring carnival at the nursery and i start taking photos.And then my problem came.I know i can go around it in the editing software.But i think a good photographer should now how to avoid this on the shoot.

Here is the photo that i need help whit.

How can i avoid that blown out background and still have the subject bright.?

They were in the shade,so i had to compensate to bright them but i blew the sky and everything behind them.Can anyone give me an advise what to do in this situation? Thank you.

Sony a6000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
kli
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow