Sand, wind, and the FZ2500...

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
Lettermanian
Lettermanian Contributing Member • Posts: 843
Sand, wind, and the FZ2500...

Hello forum, I would like to ask a quick question about the FZ2500: I know it does not have any reported weather sealing, but how do you think it would perform over time if it is used fairly regularly at the beach, where wind and sand doth blow? I have my Fuji kit, but have had to clean the sensor numerous times from changing lenses. I am looking at many options and am asking questions on various forums, so I would appreciate any opinions or experiences on the FZ2500. It is at a tempting price right now.

I have been looking at the G85 paired with the Olympus 14-150ii for a weather-sealed combo, but I also like some of the features of the FZ2500 (ND filters!). I have looked at the Sony RX10 III (the IV is out of my budget range), but even though it has some degree of sealing, its inability to focus reliably at longer fl's is a common complaint in reviews. Basically I want to be able to shoot stills and videos on our family outings without having to change lenses, but I do have active kids and need reliable AF.

Any thoughts and opinions are appreciated

-- hide signature --

"Turn my eyes from looking at worthless things;
and give me life in your ways." - Psalm 119:37

Lettermanian's gear list:Lettermanian's gear list
Panasonic G85 Fujifilm X-T20 Fujifilm XF 10-24mm F4 R OIS Fujifilm 50-230mm II Panasonic 12-60mm F3.5-5.6 OIS +2 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Panasonic FZ2500 Panasonic G85 Sony RX10 III
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow