Just got a Magfilter polarizer for my G7X II

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
All forumsForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat
GeraldW Veteran Member • Posts: 8,060
Just got a Magfilter polarizer for my G7X II

The 42 mm Magfilter kit is a perfect fit on my G7X II.  A thin, adhesive backed metal ring is attached to the lens.  A little care is needed to be sure the ring is centered.  The filter itself has a magnetic red molding on the back.  It snaps on and off easily - but not too easily.  To set the polarizer angle, you just rotate the whole filter.  It turns easily and won't shift once you let go of it.

In the kit is a second ring that can be used on a second camera.  In my case, I used it on my Canon G9.  For other cameras, the outside diameter of the ring is 37 mm and the inside diameter is 32 mm.  Just get a mm scale and measure the O.D of the lens, and the I.D. of the opening the lens peers out of.

The filter is a Circular Polarizer and claims to be coated.  I did check the coating, and it appears to be anti-reflection coated on the front surface.  For nearly all fixed lens compact cameras you don't need a circular polarizer; but it doesn't hurt to have one.

Prices vary from seller to seller, so it pays to shop around.  I got mine from Amazon for $29.95 with free shipping.

-- hide signature --

Jerry

GeraldW's gear list:GeraldW's gear list
Canon PowerShot G9 Canon PowerShot S90 Panasonic FZ1000 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ300 Canon G7 X II
Canon G7 X II Panasonic Lumix DC-G9
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
All forumsForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow