My Office 2016 Excel is corrupted

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
MacUser2 Contributing Member • Posts: 781
My Office 2016 Excel is corrupted

Excel 2016 is giving strange results when I open it. (The other Office 2016 products; Power Point, Word, etc are fine). I am not sure when the problem first manifested itself, but in retrospect I think it was with OS 10.12. But, as of the last Office update (4/12/18), Excel has gone completely crazy. I have a series (26) of Excel files that I manually enter into a "Summary Folder". Yesterday, when I opened the Summary Folder, I discovered several errors that did not make sense, for example:

1. When I opened the Summary Folder, I received an error message that said that I did not save the files and 8 files immediately opened. Some of the files had not been opened for several months previously and had nothing to do with the Summary folder.

2. The wrong dates, were shown for the last entry; 2014, even though my last my data entry was 4/6/2018. The dates shown on the 26 files are correct.

3. On one of my entries, the name was missing, although the value of the data entry in the next column was correct, as was the summation at the bottom of the column.

4. The column widths on the Summary Folder format did not match the pre 4/12/18 version, they went back to a default setting.

5. The view zoom did not match the pre 4/12/18 version.

While I am using OS 10.13.4, I first observed strange Excel behavior with earlier OS versions; it has gotten worse since the last Microsoft update of 4/12/18.

Yes, I do have the 25 character reference code and I do receive automatic update notifications from Microsoft.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow