Help me understand LCD liveview (Sony a6000)

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
proudfather Veteran Member • Posts: 4,698
Help me understand LCD liveview (Sony a6000)

Yesterday I was photographing landscapes and was bracketing shutter speeds, using liveview to preview exposures prior to taking each image. With faster shutter speeds, the LCD would appropriately display a darker image. But as I progressively slowed the shutter speed, let’s say, to several seconds, the LCD failed to show a brighter image after a certain point.

One of the benefits of mirrorless is the ability to preview your images prior to taking them. Unfortunately, I often expose in the ‘several seconds’ range when shooting landscapes, and would appreciate the ability to preview such shots. Is there a setting to enable this?

I have the camera set not to automatically display each image after exposing because it really slows me down having to wait for the image to disappear prior to adjusting my settings and taking the next shot. Besides, you’re seeing the final image prior to taking it so it should be redundant in that sense.

Help.

-proudfather

-- hide signature --
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow