Tamron 70-200 G2

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
GliderFlyer New Member • Posts: 3
Tamron 70-200 G2

I shoot with a 7D MK II and still use my old EOS-3. I was looking for a 70-200 2.8 lens to replace my original issue 70-200 2.8 L that I gave to my daughter. I decided these days, something with image stabilization would be helpful. After reading many reviews of the Tamron and Canon MK II version offerings, I decided on the Tamron. I am not disappointed at all with the IQ of the Tamron, my limited so far experience with the lens is that it matches the best of reviews.

I was hoping the lens could pull double duty on the 7D and the EOS-3. Tamrons support matrix does not list any film cameras, my experience with my first gen Tamron 150-600 is that it worked fine on my EOS-3, so I thought I'd try the 70-200 G2. Unfortunately the lens does not work on the EOS-3, no aperture control.

So, even though the lens is optically very good, if you also still shoot film, it may not work on your film body.

Canon EOS 7D Panasonic Lumix DMC-G2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow