Sony Zeiss Distagon T 35mm f/1.4 FE Lens or Sigma Art with metabones?

Started Apr 23, 2017 | Questions thread
aSevenArr Contributing Member • Posts: 615
Re: Sony Zeiss Distagon T 35mm f/1.4 FE Lens or Sigma Art with metabones?

ArachnidClaw wrote:

BBQue wrote:

Scrollop wrote:

Achieving technical mastery, with good tools, can be seen as admirable and a challenge. It's better than having no hobby or goals.

I agree taking photos is better than having no hobbies or goals

IMHO capturing the mood (or even telling a story of one can achieve that) I'd more of an end goal, and you may want a non sharp photo to achieve this, but sharpness has its own thrills and satisfactions.

One does not exclude the other, does it? Why not strive for both? To me, photography is interesting because it combines both artistic and technical aspects. Same applies to other arts like piano playing. You can't express the mood of a Beethoven sonata unless you have a certain technique. Just playing rubato won't do.

Well put.

Most areas of creation or artistic expression depend on some combination of raw expressive intent/vision, technical mastery and tools/materials/equipment.

A limitation or serious shortcoming in any one of the three mitigates will impact the outcome. Not to say that embracing or working to transcend limitations is not a valid approach - but it will still/always have a bearing on the result.

I wish I had a dollar for every word that has been written about this lens. And really I'm at a loss to understand why it get's so much attention.

It's crazy.  Other lenses occasionally have issues too.

Sony makes a LOT of lenses folks!  Whoever started all this has a lot to answer for.

aSevenArr's gear list:aSevenArr's gear list
Sony a9 Sony FE 35mm F2.8 Sony FE 35mm F1.4 Sony FE 24-70mm F2.8 GM Sony FE 70-200mm F2.8 GM OSS +4 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow