Pre-matted frames and picture size

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
PRISCILLA TURNER
PRISCILLA TURNER Senior Member • Posts: 1,409
Re: Pre-matted frames and picture size

I have commended Bainbridge (and by implication other) adhesive backing material. One little hazard is that you stick your print down and then find that it's crooked in relation to the mat. Removing and rearranging the print may be very difficult. With a bigger print I nowadays attach it loosely to the back of the mat then ease the two layers together by dropping the sticky backing vertically with as much precision as I can muster onto the wrong side of the print/mat combo.

For anything up to 11 x 14 however I have recently been printing my image onto paper of the same size as the mat, telling the printer to print centrally. This way I get no mismatch between the mat opening and the print edges. The mat can then float with no adhesive involved, and it' s all quite neat once framed.

I ought to have mentioned about matshop.com/ca that they will cut an oval or circular opening to your specs. for the same price as a rectangular. That's lovely for portraits and florals.

-- hide signature --
 PRISCILLA TURNER's gear list:PRISCILLA TURNER's gear list
Sigma DP1 Pentax K-3 II Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM Pentax smc DA* 16-50mm F2.8 ED AL (IF) SDM Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro +3 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow