A99ii or A9 for weddings?

Started 6 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Pablojavierlucero
Pablojavierlucero New Member • Posts: 8
A99ii or A9 for weddings?

Hi there guys, how are you doing?
I've been doing a little research about it and I couldn't find something that answers what I need. I know there is a thread about these two cameras, but I couldn't find particularly what I wanted, so, here it goes.
I do weddings, and I've been doing weddings with A Mount since the beginnig with the a77 line.
I'm currently using two bodies, a77mk2, and I want to go FF. The obvious choice for me would be the a99mk2 mainly because of the lenses, but I want to know if any of you tried both the 9 and the 99mk2 so you can give me a clearer idea of what these two beasts can do.
I know that the a9 focuses incredibly well in almost any condition, but the a99mk2 seems to have a VERY good focusing system too.
I tend to use flash at the party, that's the norm, but, have any of you used these cameras under stressful conditions like dance parties and such without a flash for example?
I have good focusing with the a77mk2, but even with the flash I'm having a very hard time sometimes...
So, yeah, I'd basically prefer the 99mk2, not only for the price, but because of the body, the resolution and the ISO performance, but, the focusing system, is it really that capable?
I hope you can answer me.
Thanks in advance.

-- hide signature --

Proud Sony user, Gran Turismo, Blade Runner and U2 fan.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Sony a9 Sony SLT-A77
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow