New lens-old problem : Nikon 18-140 DX

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
All forumsForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat
Magic777 New Member • Posts: 13
New lens-old problem : Nikon 18-140 DX

Hi! Preparing to the upcoming travel I decided to take my second body (D5300) and get one do-it- all lens.

So I sold my 18-70 (good one but without VR ) and 18-55 VR (not enough range) and purchased from Amazon 18-140 DX VR. It was International version.

Got a lens and after first 50 shots the plastic sealing ring came off from the rubber zoom ring. I can put this ring on the place but after using zoom the ring come off again.

No choice- need to visit Nikon for repair and not sure that problem can be fixed before my  trip.

Highly disappointing- this exact problem was already discussed on forum. Looks like nobody in Nikon took care about that and new lens still comes with old problem.

But one important lesson learnt: I knew about such possible problem from the forum before buying this lens. So I was warned but took a wrong decision to buy this lens.

I would like to say Thanks to everybody who write some reviews and report a problems with their equipment- it helps to avoid costly mistakes.

All forumsForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow