Why do people think you have to get expensive lenses to shoot FF?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
sportyaccordy Forum Pro • Posts: 10,222
Why do people think you have to get expensive lenses to shoot FF?

I have seen the same complaints and suggestions over and over.... full frame is so heavy with the 1.4 primes and 2.8 zooms.... if you don't get the most expensive glass FF is pointless.... why?

A very basic kit like a kit zoom and nifty fifty will be lighter, cheaper, and equivalently faster than what is available in smaller formats. And you get the added benefits of better IQ at the same ISOs, as well as more available native resolution. Obviously there are tradeoffs... the bodies are bigger and more expensive, and the value of the IQ increase is up to the individual. It's not like you can't get good photos with smaller formats. But I just take issue with the notion that FF only makes sense with the most expensive everything. Couldn't that logic apply to any format larger than a cell phone?

-- hide signature --

Sometimes I take pictures with my gear- https://www.flickr.com/photos/41601371@N00/

sportyaccordy's gear list:sportyaccordy's gear list
NEX-5T Sony Alpha a7 III Samyang 14mm F2.8 IF ED MC Aspherical Canon EF 24-105mm F3.5-5.6 IS STM Rokinon AF 50mm F1.4 FE +3 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
T3
tko
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow