Continuing with Crop Sensor vs Moving to Full frame

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Yuvaraj_R New Member • Posts: 12
Continuing with Crop Sensor vs Moving to Full frame

Hi All,

I believe this question would one of the most asked but even after thinking for over a month now I am not able to come to conclusion.I currently own a Crop sensor Nikon DSLR (D100) and looking to purchase the next one .

I am an amateur Photographer and mostly covering Landscapes on travel but my interest is Not limited to only landscapes but exploring more.My Initial Idea was to go with Nikon D7500 as it made sense as I can use my 18-270 Lens with the D7500 but with the last month Introduction of Sony A 7 III has really got into thinking of getting that with all new 693 focus points and a nice Full frame for that Price range.

but if I need to Invest on A 7 III - I need an atleast 2600 USD ( even with Kit Lens) and a Prime lens which even would not satisfy my need for a Decent zoom. so I may have to raise the bar to atleast 3000 USD  even if I buy a 18-135 Crop Lens from sony ($500) . but so far reviews from Sony are very promising.

On the Other hand if I buy a Nikon D7500 with a Prime Lens ( 35MM) and I already have a 18-270 from Tamron  which totally costs only 1500 USD and also gives me more options to buy lens in the future without having to break the bank.

so I am confused between whether to go with Option A (Sony A 7 III) or Option B (D7500), I am not worried much about money (though it might break my Bank with Sony) as I am worried if I choose to go with either one I cannot consider for any upgrade in the next 5 years atleast.

what do you suggest for a person like me who is not a professional one but really having interests in exploring . Going with D7500 and allowing more options for Lenses or going with Sony A 7 III with a Kit and Prime lens and wait for other makers to release a less costly sony Mirrorless lens in the near future.

Thanks!

Yuvaraj R

Nikon D7500 Sony Alpha a7 III
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow