Focal Read Error : E-M1 + PanLeic 100-400

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
Indecent Exposer
Indecent Exposer Junior Member • Posts: 44
Focal Read Error : E-M1 + PanLeic 100-400

Hi There,

Apologies if this has been covered in another thread, but I had a search and couldn't find anything.

Fully updated firmware on both the E-M1 mkii and the Pan Leic 100-400.

The focal range indicator at the top right of the OVF reads well at all focal ranges apart from when the lens is at the widest end of the range. The widest I can get the lens to register at is 107mm. The Exif and image data mirror this number. The issue occurs on both my E-M1 mkii bodies leading me to believe it is the lens at 'fault.'

Does anyone have any information regarding this fault or any links to other threads?

Is this an issue for Pana service center?

Some info points:

I know there are some P/L100400 samples with a focus ring lock stiffness that may cause the zoom to be inoperable at certain ranges, and I do not think mine is one of those few copies.

I am suffering greatly from repeated back-focusing on this lens only over circa 300-320mm. I have had to put the lens on -5 'tele' back focusing. This has by no means fixed the issue though, and the keep rate remains low.

I would welcome any thoughts on how best to tackle this. I have just returned from Patagonia and the number of images that are affected is depressing in the extreme.

Thanks in advance,

Hugo
www.lightorflight.com

Indecent Exposer's gear list:Indecent Exposer's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Olympus OM-D E-M10 Olympus E-M1 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm F4.0-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 +9 more
Olympus E-M1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow