Latest flagship phone/camera or DXO One?

Started Apr 16, 2018 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
tomartinh Forum Member • Posts: 60
Latest flagship phone/camera or DXO One?

For years I've gone by the adage "the best camera you have is the one you have on you", right since the beginning of the incorporation of cameras into mobile phones, it's been the prime USP for me selecting my phone (a selection of which below);

I've always considered the pinnacle to be the Nokia 808, since then having gone through a number of the latest iPhones and Flagship Android phones, despite the various claims I've never found they met my expectations (either because of over hyped marketing or personal preference). The turning point was the launch of iPhone X & 8, I seriously considered updating my phone but at > £1000 I couldn't help think getting a small Pro P&S and a mid-range phone.

I also came across the DXO One (Android USB-C) and despite some poor reviews I thought I'd give it a go. I've got to say it produces better images than any phone I've had, yes its a bit awkward to handle with the phone attached but I love using it detached as a true P&S and hope/crop framing later. The cost of the setup (Phone & DXO) was still over £300 cheaper than an iPhone X. Anyone else tried this type of setup?

Some photos from the DXO One;

DxO One
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow