I almost left MFT for a Sony A7R iii. Forgive me father for I have sinned

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
Albert Valentino Veteran Member • Posts: 6,996
Re: Why 35-100 f/2.8 and 40-150mm f/2.8?

Just Another Photog wrote:

Velocity of Sound wrote:

I'm just curious - you bought both the Panasonic 35-100mm f/2.8 and the Olympus 40-150mm f/2.8. What was the reason? As far as I know they should operate identically for video. They have the same aperture, but a huge focal length overlap. Is there another difference between the two?

That’s an interesting catch, and not one I consciously made. I selected the Oly because I thought it would give me something more, but in fact you are correct in that I am spending a ton of money on essentially the same glass.

Here’s a question for you. Which one would you cancel and what lens or other bit of kit would you add to the mix?

Not sure which, but I read somewhere that some of the Pana lenses are parafocal. Meaning that focus does not change while zooming. Useful for video. I think one of the lenses was the PL 8-18 but not sure.

Good choices and good luck

-- hide signature --

If you don't get older and wiser, than you just get older.

Albert Valentino's gear list:Albert Valentino's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm 1:2.8 Macro Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Olympus 40-150mm F2.8 Pro Panasonic 8-18mm F2.8-4 +8 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
TNS
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow