Totally new, what camera is best for me?

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
MidoriUma New Member • Posts: 21
Totally new, what camera is best for me?

Hi!  First off, I actually have spent a fair bit of time trying to do my own research, but I'm clueless to a good chunk of the terminology and concepts...
I'm wanting to buy a good digital camera that wouldn't be too complicated, but something better than my cell phone or a cheap point and shoot camera. I've looked over a ton of different models, but except for storage space and battery life, I have no idea what most of the features mean or what they do.

I was thinking either Nikon or FujiFilm, because I want a Japanese model since I'll be doing cosplay photography.

For the Nikon, I think either 3400 or 5500... I assume the 5500 is better since it's more expensive, but would it have instructions for beginners and stuff? Or is it better to just go for the lower number? Also, I notice some models were sold without a lense or without mirrors, does that mean I need to buy them extra, or are they optional?

The other model I liked was a FujiFilm one, but it also has no mirror included. But it's much smaller than the Nikon, would this mean less features? It's the same price range tho. And I assume it's digital, despite having the word "Film" in the title? Or can it use both?

Come to think of it, are there any hybrid digital/film cameras? I would 100% go for them. My school has a decked out darkroom that barely gets any use these days. Are there any film cameras comparable to these?

Sorry for the newbie questions!!!

ANSWER:
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow