Show me a moving water shot....

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Fishchris
Fishchris Senior Member • Posts: 2,860
Show me a moving water shot....

that you have taken, where you feel like you got just the "right" amount of motion.... And yes, I understand some people prefer zero motion, with tack sharp water droplets, while some might prefer totally soft, cottony clouds in place of water.

I fall somewhere in between, and I have found it challenging to get "just the right softness" when always shooting bracketed sets for HDR . {yes, I shoot "moving" water shots for HDR processing all the time, and almost never any issues. So much for that myth}

In my experiences, I believe that shooting bracketed shots for HDR processing already softens the water to begin with, so my perfect shutter length ends up being shorter than most people might suspect..... Often my middle shot will be like 1/15th to 1/30th ?

Note; the exif on my HDR shots is not going to show the correct shutter length. So again, these will be 1/15th to 1/30th... Oh, and because these are relatively fast, I often don't even need an ND filter, or if so, just a light one.

-- hide signature --

Photos are my paintings. The camera is my brush.
DPreview gallery; http://www.dpreview.com/galleries/5075216809
No time or attention given for negativity or trolls.

Fishchris's gear list:Fishchris's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS 6D Canon EF 400mm f/5.6L USM Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM Canon EF 16-35mm F2.8L II USM +2 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
DBE
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow