Thinking of changing systems looking for some advise

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
All forumsForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat
mtbbirder New Member • Posts: 8
Thinking of changing systems looking for some advise

So I've been a Nikon DSLR shooter for quite some time. While I haven't collected a ton of lenses I do have a few. My current camera is a D90 I'm looking to upgrade my body because I know that leaps have been made in reducing noise at higher ISO settings.

So I went to a local shop to put some hands on the D7500 or the D7200, none of the small local dealers have any in stock. Over the years I have waited months to get what I want for Nikon. I have also noticed over the years It seem like the Canon cabinets are pretty well stocked. I'm in a new area and the shop I stopped in had great friendly personnel. Some camera shops are not the friendliest, I some what get it, you can't let every joe blow that walks in the door handle expensive items. But these people were great. So I asked why do I always have trouble finding Nikon gear. They explained the way Nikon feeds they inventory to dealers. It's harder to get stuff if you're not a large volume dealer. Canon USA actually has a large US based warehouse and it's a bit easier for the small shops to get inventory. This is what has me thinking about changing over from Nikon to Canon. Availability of gear is a big plus and the camera shop also said they have faster turn around on repairs.

So doing some research I see that Nikon is a bit ahead of Canon in terms of lower noise at high ISO settings. But being my camera is 10 years old, if I switched to Canon would it still feel like I'm making leaps of technology advancements in the ISO noise area? I liked the feel of the 80D. Would the 80D be so much better in low light than my D90 that I wouldn't know what I'm missing from the d7200 or the D7500? I do a lot out door bird photography so the number one reason for a new body is the Image quality at hi ISO settings.

Thanks for you opinions.

Canon EOS 80D Nikon D7200 Nikon D7500 Nikon D90
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Biggs23
MOD Biggs23
MOD Biggs23
MOD Biggs23
MOD Biggs23
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow