Local camera stores going away of their own choosing?

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
pawn Senior Member • Posts: 1,998
Local camera stores going away of their own choosing?

Hi

I live in California and generally support one local camera store that I know of.  Although I can easily buy gears from reputable camera stores (like B&H, Adorama, etc.), I do buy from this local camera store (and online stores as well).  This is even after knowing that the online price is more competitive.  I just want to support local stores.

As you may know, most local stores (of any kind) are dying and, from what I see, we will all shop online in the future.  Ironically, this store's exchange policy seems to help facilitate this trend.  I had wanted to buy a third party lens (I generally buy native lenses).  Concerning about sample variations, I asked the store owner(?) if I could exchange for another copy, within a few days, if I deem needed.  He said no and that I must check at the time that I buy the lens.

To me, policy like this tends to push buyers away since online stores have generous (30 days?) return/exchange policy.  Are all local stores have strict policies like this local store?

Duy

-- hide signature --
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow