Sony Zeiss Distagon T 35mm f/1.4 FE Lens or Sigma Art with metabones?

Started Apr 23, 2017 | Questions thread
aSevenArr Contributing Member • Posts: 608
Re: Sony Zeiss Distagon T 35mm f/1.4 FE Lens or Sigma Art with metabones?

BBQue wrote:

aSevenArr wrote:

Heck I even shot a wall - I can't believe that I did that now looking back! Completely silly and ridiculous and absolutely nothing to do with using the lens for real photography.

Like my daughter refusing to practice her scales, cause that would be "ridiculous and absolutely nothing to do with real music". Just saying

And my camera store assured me at the time that they have never had one of these returned to date (and frankly I believe them).

Here I do agree, many more lenses get sold which don't have any problem, and we just never hear about it. And why would anyone post messages on forums with titles like "I got lens XYZ and it is not decentered. Please help me not"?!

If you say so.

In any case I should have added to my earlier message: expect some very slight softness and vignetting at the edges of the frame and a tiny bit more in the corners.

Some of that is to be expected.. 35mm is quite a wide angle after all. A little vignetting actually looks very nice in many shots (I often add it especially to wide angle shots) and it is easily removed if necessary.

My opinion: many people have quite unrealistic expectations for their lenses and especially it seems for their wide angle lenses.

aSevenArr's gear list:aSevenArr's gear list
Sony a9 Sony FE 35mm F2.8 Sony FE 35mm F1.4 Sony FE 24-70mm F2.8 GM Sony FE 70-200mm F2.8 GM OSS +4 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow