New systems, and legacy lenses

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
Max Iso
Max Iso Senior Member • Posts: 6,063
Re: New systems, and legacy lenses

The name of the game for me is affordable, bc this is a hobby. I have spent as much as $1400 on a body, but im not even at that level anymore. I find that older gen models can give me everything i need if im lucky.

Oddly enough, for me ML is actually more expensive. If i want capable C-AF, there are only a select few ML bodies among all the systems that might suffice, and all of them are spendy. In contrast i can get budget legacy lenses that are fully compatible with a DSLR, and marry that to an older DSLR and get the whole package for very cheap.

Maybe in a few more ML generations they prices of current top end will drop but then there's still the lens issue for me. To replace my Nikon FF setup, a ML FF (Sony) would be way more expensive. I guess the word legacy is very appropriate, the strength of DSLRs is their legacy, so much depth in the systems.

-- hide signature --

"For a time, i considered sparing, your wretched little planet Cybertron. But now... you shall witness, it's dismemberment !" - Unicron

Max Iso's gear list:Max Iso's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Panasonic Lumix G 25mm F1.7 ASPH Olympus 40-150mm F3.5-4.5 +3 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow