Keeping some JPEGs when importing raw+JPG to lightroom

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
richard plumb Regular Member • Posts: 487
Keeping some JPEGs when importing raw+JPG to lightroom

hope it’s ok to post here as in a way it’s specific to my Olympus and nice JPEGs

out of habit I shoot raw+jpeg and usually import to lightroom as a combined image, edit the keepers and export JPEGs (in both original size and iPad size) to folders to upload to OneDrive and iCloud so they sync back to my iOS devices

but with my Olympus (and particularly my new pen-F with handy creative dial) I’m finding myself wanting to also sometimes have the JPEGs available as a first option - if they’re shot/exposed well I can just tweak from their without going back to the raw.

but how do I do that in lightroom? If I uncheck ‘keep raws+JPEGs combined’ then all my photos will be doubled up. Is there any way to apply that to only some photos and keep others combined? I don’t want to switch to shooting JPEGs only as I like the safety net of RAW

Olympus PEN-F
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow