M100 and many others...

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Michael S.
Michael S. Veteran Member • Posts: 7,209
M100 and many others...

Good Morning!

The recent weekend got my cloudy so weather, but right of a new working week I got
a clear night and decided to stay up until 1am or so to catch another galaxy in this years galaxy season.

As the "reach" of my scope combined with the quite large sensors of the DSLRs I'm using does not give me a close image of M100, I decided to take a look at the star charts and frame it that way that I get as many as possible of the surrounding galaxies too into my field of view. So full of trust to the power of my coma corrector and the collimation of my 10inch Newtonian reflector.

What you see is indeed the full frame - 59xx out of 6000px of my DSLR and I'm  really happy how the stars come out even in the corners:

M100 and other galaxies

And here a crop of M100 itself to give a better view on those fine Halpha knots:

M100 crop

Postprocessing has been done only using PI and full manually - so from making the calibration files down to debayer, star alignment, integration and so on and on.

best regards,

-- hide signature --

Michael S.
EUROPE; dpreview since 2001
(check equipment via profile)

Michael S.'s gear list:Michael S.'s gear list
Leica M Monochrom (Typ 246) Nikon D610 Nikon D5300 Leica SL (Typ 601) Leica CL +7 more
Canon EOS M100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow