Somewhere between polyblaze and TheGreg: Reflections on Fuji's model policy

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
All forumsForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat
deednets Veteran Member • Posts: 7,903
Somewhere between polyblaze and TheGreg: Reflections on Fuji's model policy

Disclaimer: Didn't read the forum rules so not sure whether mentioning users of this forum is against the rules? But since I have a lot of time for both those users, I don't think there is much harm in my post.

OK, here we go: (will try to make this brief)

Fuji offers 4 general lines that are of some interest to me:

1. X100 series
  2. X-Trans compact
  3. X-Trans pro
  4. GFX

There was a thread just recently regarding Fujis model policy going nowhere. I didn't participate, but 57even summoned some of my thought nicely, no need to add anything I thought https://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/61003700

It made me think though that I had used the Fuji system in a way that complemented some of 57even's thoughts: grabbing a combo of either the X-T20 + 14/2.8 + 50/2 - or the X-Pro2 + 16/1.4 + 90/2.

Two thoughts about the choices I had:

• If I chose the SONY A7 III I would NOT have those choices
  • Lenses for 2 setups not as clear cut

A couple of weeks ago, I grabbed my X-Pro2 + 14/2.8 + 50/2 and went to Wat Pho in Bangkok, a temple that I had last visited in 1985. It was very liberating to have such a small combo with me, but could have easily chose the X-Pro2 + 16/1.4 + 90/2 combo (or X-T20).

polyblaze traveled with just the X100T (was it??) and TheGreg with the whole arsenal of Fuji lenses, which of course looks like great fun to try out angles, quality levels apertures and the like. I possibly stand closer to polyblaze than The Greg, but am typically not a single focal length user.

But 2 lenses?? Almost there, I realised that I could easily survive on a 2-lens combo, like when you aren't at Pier39 you don't crave for clam chowder in a sour dough bun, so grab what's in your bag - and shoot.

Here are some images taken that day, tell me whether there is a focal length missing:

On the other hand, I think I would miss the look of some of these shots here if I had only had an X100 ...

So closer to TheGreg that polyblaze??

Deed

deednets's gear list:deednets's gear list
Fujifilm X-Pro2 Fujifilm X-T20 Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 56mm F1.2 R Fujifilm XF 16mm F1.4 R WR +3 more
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X100T Fujifilm X-Pro2 Fujifilm X-T20 Sony Alpha a7 III
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow