Epson 3880 and MFT larger scale prints

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Better-DY Junior Member • Posts: 43
Epson 3880 and MFT larger scale prints

I would appreciate advice about making higher quality prints from an MFT camera.  Part of my question is sort of more fundamental and the other is more specific and practical.

Typically use Lightroom 6.0 and can print to an E-3880.  My question is about generating gallery quality prints that would be on the order of 20 x 30 inches (assuming one can).

Have seen on-line videos (very instructive) that show how one can create a "virtual print copy" of the image for print in Lightroom and (i) re-scale it to the intended canvas size and then (ii) export file to a new TIF using the (a) image sizing pull down menu in the export and (b) the output sharpening (both in Lightroom).   In looking at the size of "exported file sizes," I can see the exported files, using a 300 dpi resolution, are much bigger than the native which I suppose means they are being interpolated to the larger scale and more information is being created in the file.

First, when should one re-scale an image, e.g. for what size and up?  Generally I have gotten pretty good say 8 x 0 and 11 x 14 images just doing it directly in Lightoom using the print function without any of the export process using the "page set-up" and choosing the correct paper dimensions and using the appropriate paper profiles.

Second, is this export process just to create a file that could be sent to a lab or third-party print shop?

Thanks in advance for input!

Better-DY's gear list:Better-DY's gear list
Canon EOS 6D Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 Sigma 35mm F1.4 DG HSM Art Panasonic Lumix G Vario HD 12-32mm F3.5-5.6 Mega OIS Panasonic Leica DG Summilux 15mm F1.7 ASPH +2 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow