RAW vs DNG

Started 1 month ago | Polls thread
Glen Barrington
Glen Barrington Forum Pro • Posts: 19,361
I used to convert raw to dng

When I was a Lightroom user.  But when I moved away from Lightroom, I could see that no other similar application supported dng the way Lr does.  And when I asked myself what was I 'buying' by converting dng, my answer was, "Nothing".  Nothing except an extra importing step added to an already slow process in Lr.

I've settled on ACDSee for the last 4 years or so, I use the native raw files, and I've not seen ANY cost when it comes to managing my source photo files over what I had with Lightroom and dng.  I'm pretty sure that the perceived advantages of dng are really just marketing talking points, and not really any significant advantage to dng.

That's me.  You all do what you want.  I have no intention of trying to talk you into or out of something.  There are many paths to heaven.

Glen Barrington's gear list:Glen Barrington's gear list
Canon PowerShot G3 Olympus OM-D E-M10 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4.0-5.6 Olympus Zuiko Digital 14-54mm 1:2.8-3.5 +12 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow