NX1 prices dropping like crazy

Started Apr 4, 2018 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
M43ForMe
M43ForMe Contributing Member • Posts: 515
NX1 prices dropping like crazy

I've been watching since the A7III announcement. Earlier this year, NX1s were consistently going for about $1000-$1050. This week alone, there have been multiple body only NX1s go for $800-$850. I saw one on eBay with the $100 grip go for $811.

I also saw an NX1 - 16-50S kit go for like $1200. And the 16-50S still sells for around 700.

That may not sound like /that/ much of a price drop but it's $200 in a month. It really looks like the A7III is the first camera in 4 years that really bested the NX1 enough to make people switch.

The glass is still up there. And some, like the 85mm and the 50-150, don't come up often. But what this says to me is that there's going to be some real value to be had if you buy into this system in the near future. Yes, I know it's a dead system. But if the S lens prices start to drop because everyone has offloaded their NX bodies, then you'll be getting a camera that's nearly as good as what 2018 has to offer elsewhere for pennies on the dollar by comparison.

If you can get an NX1 and a 16-50 for $1200, and someone says it's a waste to put that into a dead system - consider that the equivalent for an A7III is $4000. And the equivalent in a FUJI is around $2500.

Samsung NX1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow