X-t2 screen and evf flicker after auto focus. Do i have a defect xt2?

Started Sep 13, 2016 | Discussions thread
shigzeo
shigzeo Senior Member • Posts: 1,819
Re: X-t2 screen and evf flicker after auto focus. Do i have a defect xt2?

Cliff Fujii wrote:

georgehudetz wrote:

Cliff Fujii wrote:

MatthiasWro wrote:

Well, 4 months after selling all my fullframe Nikon gear and most (thankfully not all!) of my Olympus gear and buying into Fuji X system I abandoned the ship as well.
I just couldn't get over this issue. It's mind-boggling that so many Fuji users tend to omit this known problem while promoting Fuji gear to their friends/people online.

I went through Canon APS-C, Canon FF, Nikon FF, micro 43 and Fuji X and I have to say, that Fuji X-T2 is the most frustrating camera that I've used in my life. Especially that it promises so much and is so loved by its vocal users. Never have I been so disappointed.

-- hide signature --

Best,
Matthias

I don't seem to have this issue with my X-H1.

-- hide signature --

Cliff

Are you using MF mode?

If so, put it in AF-S, go indoors, set the aperture to something small - like F11 (if you are outdoors do the opposite - set it wide-open), do a half-press on the shutter button, and then let go. If it's like the X-T2 you'll see some pulsing or flickering for a sec or three in the EVF as the camera steps the aperture back to whatever it thinks is right for that scene. If it's quiet you'll probably hear the lens aperture motors whirring away as well.

If you see this, then that is good news.

I found this blurb in the Fringer manual: "

You may set shutter speed through the command dials on camera. During view finding, when environment brightness changes, the lens aperture blades may move frequently with a little noise and slightly flashing of LCD or EVF. It only occurs when both AF and aperture priority are enabled. That’s a unique behavior of Fujifilm mirrorless. Native XF lenses behave the same. But their aperture motor moves so fast and silently that you will never notice. However, EF lenses’ aperture motor moves slower and noisier. If you want to avoid it, manually set shutter speed by moving shutter speed dial to any position other than ‘A’. Of course you may still set shutter speed to auto if that’s tolerable".

Maybe I'll notice this behavior when I get a Canon EF lens with auto focus.

-- hide signature --

Cliff

‘Never notice’.... haha

shigzeo's gear list:shigzeo's gear list
Leica SL (Typ 601) Fujifilm GFX 50S Leica M10 Leica APO-Summicron-M 90mm f/2 ASPH +6 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow