Double sided printing

Started 4 months ago | Questions thread
Jay Reeves Contributing Member • Posts: 740
Re: Double sided printing

Shoogle wrote:

Does anybody know a technique or have a tip on double sided printing when you want what's on the other side of the paper to line up, or register exactly with the other side? I use an Epson Stylus Photo R220.

I see that you have PS.  So perhaps LR, as well?

For Photoshop check out this video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vj2LVZYLaZI  I just came across it the other day and it fit my elementary skills ok, as well as providing a means to resolve more than just printing cards (which it was made for).  This process could be saved to use as a template in PS.  The advantage to using this process in PS over my approach below in LR is setting up cutting guidelines.  I don't know of a way to do that in LR.

I have been doing two sided printing in Lightroom.  In the print module I set up 5 cells with equal side to side and top to bottom spacing.  Now I can print on both sides of a sheet and have the cells line up.  I saved the print setup as a user template.   The setup was done using the Single Image/Contact Sheet in Layout Style and then setting the number of cells, cell size, margins, and cell spacing so the reverse side matched alignment .  This setup is for bookmarks - I place quotes on the reverse side.  It is a simple matter then to select the desired images to appear in the cells.  The sequence of the images in the cells can be changed by dragging the images in the slide thingy at the bottom of the screen - it helps to put the images being used in a collection to reduce navigation.  If I get ambitious I may make the cells slightly larger in order to remove just a hair width of printed image.   I have attached a screen shot of the LR settings and resulting layout - hope this is helpful.

Jay

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow