The frustrations of trying to get paid...

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
landshark Contributing Member • Posts: 745
Re: The frustrations of trying to get paid...

Austin7642 wrote:

I have two new clients who want me to work with them longterm, but there is just one problem- while I have done some work for both, neither has yet to pay me and have both given excuses and dates for when I would be paid only for them to come and pass. I also have a few one time clients who have yet to pay me what I am owed, either, and while I have had to take them to small claims court, I really don't want to have to go through the same process again. Basically, it's just frustrating and I'm wondering how common of an issue this is for other photogs and just how patient they decide to be when such behavior with a client or clients persist. Typically, for most of my work, I require a deposit of half the amount to be paid in advance and I am thinking maybe that is what I have to do with these two clients moving forward as well. Any thoughts?

If they do not pay when they are supposed to they are not clients, but are freeloaders instead, do not work for free, they would not

landshark's gear list:landshark's gear list
Sony RX100 IV Ricoh GR II Sony RX1R II Sony 1.4x Teleconverter Zeiss Batis 25mm F2 +5 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow