Question for Great Bustard

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
kiwi2
kiwi2 Senior Member • Posts: 2,258
Question for Great Bustard

In the previous thread that has seemed to have run foul of the administrator, you said..

"He was wrong to say that, too. What he should have said is, "At f/16 FF equivalent and 1/500 to freeze the action, the amount of light projected on the sensor will result in a noisy photo"".

Surely the lens physically doesn't become f/16 just because someone has decided they want to compare "equivalence" with some other format size?

If I decide I want to compare "equivalence" of the FZ200 to APS-C, then does the lens suddenly become f/10.5?

Or if I decide I want to compare "equivalence" against medium format, then does it suddenly become a f/22 lens?

I would insert that its 108mm focal length and 38mm aperture means it's f/2.8. That does not change no matter what we compare equivalence against?

It will still expose at 1/500 sec f/2.8.

Yes? No?

kiwi2's gear list:kiwi2's gear list
Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm XF 56mm F1.2 R Samyang 12mm F2 NCS CS Fujifilm XF 16mm F1.4 R WR Fujifilm XF 35mm F2 R WR
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
tko
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow