A-HDR on K-S2

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
drummercam Senior Member • Posts: 1,066
A-HDR on K-S2

As near as I can tell, K-S2 was the only body that had A-HDR on the mode dial.*

"And with good reason!" I hear the chorus!

Nonetheless, I take a lot of photographs, some serious, some not so serious.  Many times I'll just grab an image because it strikes me, knowing I'll probably put zero effort into PP of it.  Nonetheless, I also know that many such images will be flat without the work I'm not going to do.  K-S2's A-HDR on the mode dial gives me the fastest possible way to get a quick effect that, more often than not, pleases me more than I expected.   Few people know that the A-HDR effect you get corresponds to whatever your custom image setting is, including any changes made to the baseline (green tics) under the "info" adjustments for each.

In essence, A-HDR on the K-S2 mode dial is a little like the Quick Dial on the Pentax Q series.  I don't know another Pentax camera than has this feature.

I'm aggravated that my K-S2 has that aperture block fail problem, but with the newest 55-300 and its control of aperture in the lens, this is overcome.  Too bad I can't use the 15mmLtd, though, because that is the only lens with which you can do a decent "wi-fi button as shutter button" selfie.  I don't if that capability was built into the K-70 wi-fi button or not; maybe someone can report.

MYSTERY how three images, blended in-camera, leave no ghosts of the moving person.

* K-S1 had "Effects" on its mode wheel; I don't know what that does, but I think it just brought up the "digital filters" selections, which on other bodies is a menu-dive

drummercam's gear list:drummercam's gear list
Pentax K-01 Pentax K-30 Pentax K-3 Pentax K-S2 HD Pentax-DA 20-40mm F2.8-4 ED Limited DC WR
Pentax K-S1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow