Small birds in the caribbean

Started 7 months ago | Photos thread
Eniigma_21
OP Eniigma_21 Contributing Member • Posts: 523
Re: Eniigma,

zackiedawg wrote:

Beautiful shots of the least grebe. I didn't realize they were down your way - we definitely don't typically see them in Florida - in fact, we had one last year that was the first ever, and a lifer for me, but never had as close and nice an opportunity as you.

In the distribution of this species that i could find online is a very rare encounter in FL, so you had some luck. Must be a vagrant bird. Here we have them in different lagoons all around the island.

Looks like you got a much better, more open shot of a bananaquit this time! Finally, one cooperated.

I kind feeled relieve when i made that shot because the bird was at a branch full of leafs the only thing i could see was his head, then after waiting like 15 minutes it flew to the branch for about 30 seconds so i just quickly made a burst and got one decent shot.

Black-whiskered vireo are somewhat rare here - I can find them, and have shot them a few times, but usually just passing through on migration for a week or two so we're lucky if we can track one down.

They are breeding visitors here. In fact, some naturalist put them like breeding residents. They can be found in a variety of habitats but no so much in high elevation mountains.

Very nice - keep it up!

Thank you.

-- hide signature --

Justin
galleries: www.pbase.com/zackiedawg

Eniigma_21's gear list:Eniigma_21's gear list
Sony a6000 Tamron SP 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di VC USD Sony E 55-210mm F4.5-6.3 OSS Sony E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS Samyang 12mm F2 NCS CS
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow