Small birds in the caribbean

Started 7 months ago | Photos thread
Eniigma_21
OP Eniigma_21 Contributing Member • Posts: 523
Re: Small birds in the caribbean

Kharan wrote:

Great shots, especially considering how tough that envrionment is (lots of strong sunlight and shade).

Thanks. You are right, harsh sunlight create strong shadows.

How do you like the DH1774? Is it unwieldy, or manageable? I bought a 55-210mm and am looking for a front-mounted converter,

It's been good overall, there is a heavy vignetting with wide end until around 100mm. It feels unbalanced when attached (weight is 280g) and is bigger in diameter than the 55-210 so the lens creep, i always have my left hand supporting the connection beetwen the two.

I needed three step up ring to make it work 49-62, 62-72, 72-74. But maybe you can get away with two rings deppending on what you can find online.

So with that said, for me is manageable.

and the 1774 is attractive to me as I could mount it on the 70-300mm G too (I hope to buy it by end of this year).

I also have a Tamron sp 70-300 canon mount that i sometimes use manually with the extender.

It feels more balanced since the difference in weight is significant (345g vs 765g). It creeps but no all the time. At least the Sony FE has a lock.

-- hide signature --

"Chase the light around the world
I want to look at life
In the available light" - Rush, 'Available Light'

Eniigma_21's gear list:Eniigma_21's gear list
Sony a6000 Tamron SP 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di VC USD Sony E 55-210mm F4.5-6.3 OSS Sony E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS Samyang 12mm F2 NCS CS
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow