Nikon Boxing- Is it ever generic packaging

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ryanb4614 Junior Member • Posts: 38
Nikon Boxing- Is it ever generic packaging

So I have had a few DSLR cameras in the past. Sold all my equipment, soon missed having one laying around. I read great things about the d3400 so I figured why not just get one, not to expensive if not using constantly.

I had a few eBay gift cards and they had that 20% coupon. So I jumped on a deal at $409 for the d3400 with the 18-55mm lens. Brand New in box. The seller had that it would arrive in "Generic Packaging". The only generic packaging I ever got with a DSLR was refurbished or replacement.  I received my DSLR yesterday. I open the shipping box and the one bag of bubble wrap had Refurbished on it. Then they had their warranty card from Nikon 90 days on refurbished units.

I contacted the seller. He said they sell both brand new and refurbished. They accidentally shipped the wrong one to me. They would credit me $20 to keep it. No thank you.

My question finally... Has anyone ever heard of a brand new Nikon shipping in generic packaging? The camera had a shutter count of 6. I am wondering if they are just selling all refurb items and removing the warranty cards and stickers. Just seems odd. He has sold over 30 of these units and is a top seller on ebay... Some negative reviews now coming in that item arrived with generic packaging.

Nikon D3400
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow