Really what do people use, only primes?

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
hoakin1981 Regular Member • Posts: 395
Really what do people use, only primes?

I do not want this to be another "awful Sony APS-C lenses thread" so in the end i will just ask my question hoping that someone will reply.

I have an A6000 which i can say overall i really like and i shoot mostly street/travel photos so i live in wide-mid focal lengths, low-ish ISOs and optimum 5.6-8 apertures. I can appreciate the advantages of fast glass but in my case i have hardly any use for them

Ideally i would just have a decent 18-55mm Nikkor kit-lens equivalent (which i have on my D300s and it rocks) and be done with it. And just to confirm what i wrote above i also have the excellent 35mm Nikkor f1.8 DX and i almost never use it.

The Sony 16-50 kit lens is NOT such a lens (unfortunately).

So, really, what do people use with the A6XXX bodies?

This is where the question "do you really spend hundreds on mediocre lenses.. etc" goes but as i said this is not another such thread. So let me ask this instead..

In order to make use of the great sensor etc. and in order not to brake the bank do you end up investing in quality primes only?

Thanks

Nikon D300S Sony a6000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow