6D VS Modern APSC

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
rick9814911 Junior Member • Posts: 46
6D VS Modern APSC

Hi Everyone, I currently have a 77D but am considering getting the original 6D. My main reason is better ISO performance. I mainly focus on portraits of my son, wife and dog. I'm frequently taking indoor shots that require a semi fast shutter speed of 1/80 or more to avoid blur. The lenses I own are below:

Canon 24mm 2.8

Canon 40mm 2.8

Canon 50mm 1.8 STM

Canon 85mm 1.8

Canon 55-250 STM

I know I would need to get rid of the 24mm and 55-250mm but I'm fine with that. I don't do a ton of video so I'm not too concerned about losing DPAF. My main questions is, will I notice a big improvement in image quality? I should get about a stop better performance right? What about sharpness? I've been reading that full frame usually offers better sharpness and color with the right lens.

I love my 77D but I'm sure I would love the 6D as well. Image quality matters to me a lot. More so than how many focus points or features a camera has. Has anyone here switched to a full frame camera from a modern APSC camera? Or has both. What's your experience been?

I am renting a 6D that comes Friday but I'd like some other opinions as well. I could sell the 77D and get the 6D, with selling those 2 lenses I would basically break even.

Canon EOS 6D Canon EOS 77D / EOS 9000D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
BAK
BAK
BAK
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow