NX30 worth fixing or buy a 45mm/50-200mm?

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Sakisf Forum Member • Posts: 98
NX30 worth fixing or buy a 45mm/50-200mm?

I have recently bought an NX30 on ebay with a dead lcd. I knew it from beginning so it didn't matter much by the time I clicked on buy, was half price from other NX30's sold. I actually wanted it for my MD-mount lenses (Tokina ATX 90 2.5, MD 24 2.8, MC 58 1.4, MC 50 1.4 & M42 Helios) as I just can't use them on my NX300 & NX500 (imbalanced weight and focus peeking not so easy on lcd).

When I received it I disassembled the camera to confirm that everything is in order and that the lcd is really dead and not just some slipped connector (like my 20usd NX300) and indeed it is dead. As I am planning to use the camera for manual lenses only (or 50-200 if I get it again) I don't really mind it. But it's bugging me, I feel like that the camera without the lcd is incomplete! I made a call to local Samsung service in Greece, camera repairs are dealt by an independent service center and they gave me a quote of Euro 80-100 for replacing it. I know that it won't be just that (Samsung parts has the part for Euro 107+shipping+duties) as they will add taxes and their charges, so probably will come up to Euro 150+, which is the price I paid for the camera.

So I just want to hear that there's no point fixing a dead lcd as I can work with the EVF alone and should keep that money to invest it in a 45mm or 50-200mm or a couple Rokkors instead. Is there any point really to fixing it, does its lcd excel or am I good with NX300+NX lens as backup? (I am done with NX camera buying, so will not buy another NX30, already have NX10/1000/1100/300/500).

Sakisf's gear list:Sakisf's gear list
Samsung NX10 Samsung NX1000 Samsung NX300 Samsung NX1100 Samsung NX30 +8 more
Samsung NX30 Samsung NX300M Samsung NX500
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow