Can't justify upgrading my a6000.

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
jvt Regular Member • Posts: 177
Can't justify upgrading my a6000.

I have gone round and round with this and always come back to the same conclusion...I can't find any reason to replace my a6000 with the a6300 or a6500.

I purchased it used about 2 years ago with the 16-50 kit lens to supplement my Fuji x100T. In a short time I found no reason to keep the Fuji...the Sony was just more versatile. I loved the Fuji, but damned if I didn't reach for the little Sony more often.

I mostly use it for travel. I've toyed with getting better lenses, but I don't want to change the physical size or portability. The 16-50 is more than adequate. If I want more reach I just crop. On occasion I've added a Sigma 60/2.8 for some shallow dof.  It takes great movies and I added the time lapse app, which I like.

I know this post doesn't make much sense, but if any of you have upgraded let me know the main reason why.

Maybe I'm missing something.

-- hide signature --

Jim Tardio

Fujifilm X100T Sony a6000 Sony a6300 Sony a6500
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
jvt
jvt
jvt
jvt
jvt
jvt
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow