Upgrade to FX - lens kit?

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
nhr5005 New Member • Posts: 3
Upgrade to FX - lens kit?

Hi everyone,

This is my first time posting here, and I apologize if I'm duplicated a topic. This is obviously a popular topic but I couldn't find one with my thoughts, so here it goes.

I'm considering upgrading to FX from my D90, for the primary reason to be able to take advantage of an older 28mm PC-nikkor shift lens I acquired for architectural work. I find this lens fantastically sharp on my D90, however on DX it is effectively a 45mm and this is often too tight when up close to buildings. I have a 16-85 DX for a walkaround and most everything else, and recently acquired a 70-200 f4 (FX) which is nice!

My thoughts on going to FX would be to get a 16-35 (again to aid with architectural work, interiors), keep the 70-200, and maybe get a 50 prime for the middle. Given how used to my 16-85 I am, do you think I'd miss having a 24-120 (rough equivalent) walkaround on FX? Is anyone else using a similar strategy of an UWA, 50 prime, and telephoto? Or is switching lenses that often really a pain?

In an ideal world, I'd get something like a D810 or D850, which would allow me to keep using my 16-85 as a cropped travel lens, however I'm a bit afraid of the file sizes (and cost) and think I'd really be happy with a D750 (or maybe a 30mp D760??).

Thanks in advance!

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow