lens for portraits with sharp backgrounds

Started 4 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
troywestfield New Member • Posts: 1
lens for portraits with sharp backgrounds

Hi

I'm looking for expertise on what type of lens is best to take travel photos of, say, family members that can keep the scenery in the background in focus too. I've got a Sony Alpha 6000 and an E PZ 18-105mm F4. Initial research suggested the Canon EF-S 10-18mm, but the dude at B&H didn't seem impressed with its quality, and I hear finding an adapter for it is a little tricky (although I don't care as much about autofocus as I do about getting a good lens for the money). B&H guy recommended the Sony 16mm F2.8, but there don't seem to be very enthusiastic reviews, compared with the Canon 10-18. A 50mm, which I'd also seen described in a way that seemed promising, is going to be too narrow in terms of capturing the full scene in the background. I'm open to specific lens recommendations -- brand and model -- but right now I'd settle for the type of lens that's going to keep backgrounds sharp and capture the full scene, panorama-wise. My budget probably stops short of $400.

Thanks for any guidance you can give me.

troy

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow