Fuji X-T2 & 16-55 lense error "turn off the camera and turn on again"

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
focii Junior Member • Posts: 34
Fuji X-T2 & 16-55 lense error "turn off the camera and turn on again"

Hello

I've Google my issue but thought I could get help here as well.

A few days ago I started getting the error message "turn off the camera and turn on again" the minute I'd start zooming in with my 16-55mm lens (2.8 R LM WR). I'd hear a strange 'click' sound coming from the lens as I'd begin to zoom in and immediately a message would pop up saying "turn off the camera and turn on again".

The message goes away when I turn off the camera, unzoom lens back to 16mm, then turn camera back on. The minute I try and zoom again once camera is turned on, the same thing happens: a 'click' sound followed by the error message.

See attached photo.

Troubleshooting:

- I tried my kit lens (18-55mm f/2.8-4.0 R LM OIS) and zoomed in with no clicking issue and no error message.

- I can take photos no problem with the 16-55mm as long as I don't zoom. The manual and auto focus work just fine.

- If I turn camera off but keep the 16-55 zoomed to 55mm, the error message appears automatically the minute I turn camera back on.

Any thoughts?

Thanks so much!

Mo

Fujifilm X-T2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow