Decision on Prime lens!

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
EL2018 New Member • Posts: 7
Decision on Prime lens!

Hi. This is my first post, I've been lurking for a while and I've found this site very informative.

I recently switched to micro four thirds from Nikon and  bought an Olympus omd em1, I also have the 12-40 2.8 , 60mm macro and as a holiday lens the 14-150 ii. I also would like to get a small wide angle prime for low light holiday situations when I won't be taking the 12-40 2.8 due to size and weight.

I'm struggling to decide between the Pansonic 20mm 1.7, Olympus 17mm 1.8 and the Panasonic 15mm 1.7.

Size there  all ok as is the focal length.

I like the smaller 20mm best but not sure regarding AFspeed and banding. The Olympus 17mm 1.7 looks good but varying reports on sharpness, and then there's the PAnasonic 15mm 1.7 looks sharp but not certain what it's like on Olympus body.

I just seem seem to go round in circles. Looking for some advice from anyone who may have used these lenses on omd em1.

Thanking you in advance for any help you might have.

EL2018's gear list:EL2018's gear list
Olympus 14-150 F4-5.6 II
Olympus E-M1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow