D5700 Questions

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Doug Haag Senior Member • Posts: 1,550
D5700 Questions

Although I shoot with a pro-featured Nikon D500, I am not posting in the wrong forum.

I have a friend who recently acquired a D5700 and has been asking me for photographic advice because I am much more experienced.  I realize that the lower level Nikon DSLRs have fewer features than my camera.  But I don't know how many of the features that I use all the time and would recommend to him are missing from his camera.  I downloaded the D5700 user manual to search for a few things I wanted to discuss with him.

For starters, can you verify that this camera does not have the capability of fine-tuning the auto-focus alignment?  I believe it is a feature of the D7xxx series.  He has complained about focus accuracy.

Are we also out of luck in having him try my favored back-button auto-focus technique?  My camera has a dedicated button for this (one of the "pro" features).  But do we not even have the ability to re-purpose the  AE/AL button on this camera?

Nikon D500
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow