G7X II My Raw Indoor Portrait

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Meme1109 Junior Member • Posts: 45
G7X II My Raw Indoor Portrait

Hello everyone,

I previously posted about the "G7X II and Quality" and some people wanted to see a raw image vs an edited one. I am no pro, learning everyday, so editing is not perfect. My daughter loves taking daily pictures but I have been struggling with getting the lighting and quality correct. This picture is from today. I used a flash on a tripod in slave mode 2 and it was positioned on her left side, a little above her height. Built in flash was set to manual, with medium output. I also have a small soft box diffuser over the external flash. I also turned on the tungsten light right above her. As you can see, it's still pretty dark (unless all raw images are dark?). I need the practice as I plan on taking more indoor portraits of other people as well. I will also start shooting outdoors, which has been easier (more lighting). Any tips or constructive criticisms?

Shot in Manual:

1/100

F3.2

12mm

White Balance 5000K (tungsten makes it too blue and flash makes it too red)

Raw image of my daughter. Used speed light in slave mode 2.

This is the same picture, but as a jpeg.

Edited as much as possible. Also, I notice that the quality I see in photoshop or in my pc gallery, is way better than what I see on the web (uploading to instagram or even here). Is it because it's compressed?

Edited image the best that I could.

Canon G7 X II
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow