smarter way to find missing photos in Lightroom?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
desertsp Regular Member • Posts: 464
smarter way to find missing photos in Lightroom?

I'm working with the latest Classic CC version of Lightroom. Recently I messed up and moved a bunch of files to a different drive outside of Lightroom, and on top of that I screwed up the directory structure. Lightroom now shows the photos as missing.

I've started manually relinking the directories in Lightroom, but it's a major PITA. Being a computer nerd, I will not stand for doing by hand what a computer can do in a split second!

Since all my files can be uniquely identified by their filename + key exif attributes....it should be possible to have Lightroom do the relinking automatically, right? Is this a feature I'm missing, or perhaps a plugin?

For example, a photo was previously (and LR still thinks it is) in C:\Photos\2017\Aug\eventX, and now it's in F:\Photography\2017\eventx. I would hope to simply point LR at F:\Photography and have it locate the files from there. The directories are not consistently organized, but all photos are now under \Photography.

Any ideas?

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow