Will the 1DX Mark II solve my problem?

Started 7 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
JAG007 Regular Member • Posts: 173
Will the 1DX Mark II solve my problem?

I do freelance photography for our local newspapers, spesialising in sport. I have a Canon 7D II and a Canon 5D III. I mainly use the 7D with my 100-400 Mark II and I put the 70-200 2.8 Mark II on the 5D.

Many of the events I shoot are under very poor light conditions, and to get a reasonable shutter speed, say 1/1600, I sometimes have to shoot at over ISO 2 500 at 5.6 on the 100-400. These are rugby events so at times I am not very close to the players, hence the 100-400.

My challenge is that the 7D II at ISO say over 1 250 renders very noisy images which require quite a bit of noise reduction in Lightroom. The 5D is a bit better, but is slow for the sport and a bit short using the 70-200.

It seems my only option is the 1DX II, but it is very expensive. I am a pensioner and do not earn anything significant from my photography, it is really an expensive hobby.

I was thinking of renting a 1DX II but they are not available where I live.

Notwithstanding the cost of the 1DX II, would it give me significantly better images than the 7D II under such difficult circumstances?

Many thanks in anticipation for any feedback.

JAG007's gear list:JAG007's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS 7D Mark II Fujifilm X-T2 Canon EF 70-200mm F2.8L IS II USM Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II USM +5 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS 7D Mark II Canon EOS-1D X Mark II
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
cjb
cjb
cjb
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow